October 19, 2009

The View Point Inn as a Birthday Destination


This last spring I was lucky enough to be part of the thirteen year birthday celebration for a wonderful girl I know, Em. Specifically, she is my college roommate's eldest daughter.

Now, in 2009 most thirteen year old's are familiar, if not briefly obsessed, with the Twilight series of books by Stephenie Meyer. (Em was no exception. I myself was no exception and I'm not thirteen anymore.)

Em's mother organized a wonderful night at The View Point Inn. This Inn was used in the filming of the movie adaptation of Twilight, specifically for portions of the prom scene.

We stayed the evening in The Roosevelt Suite, a beautiful two-room delight. The oldies read and chatted while the youngies played music and games, perused magazines and munched on junk food. As it was a suite, there was ample room for separation of us oldies from the youngies. What thirteen year old wants to hang out with her mom and friends?

The Inn is near enough to Troutdale that we were able to brave the winding road down to I-84 and head over to McMenamin's Edgefield for dinner and a pint (for the oldies of course) at the Power Station Pub and Theatre.

In the morning, we were served brunch in a beautiful dining area, adjacent to a great room with a lovely fire. Brunch was outstanding. I enjoyed the Dungeness Crab Benedict but eyed the wonderful looking Crown Point Burger from afar. Perfect.

Em's sister El, ordered tea and a few sides, including fruit, english muffin, and yogurt with granola. It was presented beautifully on a tray with tea service. What a delight.

The view, for which The View Point Inn is likely named, overlooks the Columbia River and is amazing. Why don't you see for yourself.


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the Inn before, but if it is in anyway associated with 'Twilight' my girls can fill me in.

    ReplyDelete


Join Today!

:subscribe to this blog