January 17, 2011

Red and Green make Brown Smoothie

Making smoothies can give you a bit of education in mixing colors. Today I had yellow pineapple, red and blue berries, creamy bananas and dark green collard greens. When you mix the dark red/blue with the dark green you get a reddish brown color.

Normally I would steer clear of a drink this color, but I made it so I know what's in it. And in my world anything with pineapple is bound to be delicious.










Red and Green make Brown Smoothie

2 bananas
3/4 cup frozen pineapple
3/4 cup cherry berry blend fruit mix
4 collard greens
1 to 1 1/2 cups water

Blend well.

Pro tip: When you use frozen fruit you will need slightly more water to get to the same consistency you would have with fresh fruit.

Pro tip: Trader Joe's has great, affordable frozen fruit.

Enjoy.

Confession. I'm not following the green smoothie detox plan anymore. After two weeks I made a move to smoothie for breakfast and lunch with a hopefully healthy dinner. Just saying.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Join Today!

:subscribe to this blog