January 7, 2010

Cookbooks and Kids


I received four cookbooks in December.

Ratio: The Simple Codes Behind the Craft of Everyday Cooking
The Joy of Pickling by Linda Ziedrich


I love cookbooks.

I actually received two copies of The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

One of the unexpected bonuses since then has been my kids' interest and involvement in cooking.

I proposed to my clan that they should take part in making our nightly dinner, which the majority of the time is still a sit down affair at the dining table. I suggested they use The Pioneer Woman Cooks as their guide. I figured the easy step by step process with pictures would work well.

Success!

My three kids have teamed up 3-4 times since then to make some wonderful meals.

First off, the boys made Comfort Meatballs.


(Ignore my messy kitchen. I do.)

Next up was my daughter and middle son who made Linguini with Clam Sauce. Oh...So...Good.

Then the two youngest again, with my aid, to make Simple, Perfect Enchiladas. I must say that the sauce recipe is a brilliant touch.

And finally, my middle pretty much solo'ed making the Lasagna.

I am so happy and proud and rested.

Thank you Ree!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Jackpot! New cookbooks, PLUS people to cook out of them for you. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what happens when your kids start cooking before they leave the nest, don't you Jen? They end up graduating with honors from culinary school. Which of yours will be our next top chef??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind a kid going to culinary school. Sounds perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete


Join Today!

:subscribe to this blog